Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP
- Insert the disc you previously created and run setup.exe.
- Accept the licence terms, and the installer will download the latest updates.
- Then, the installer will auto-check if your system meets the minimum requirements. If it does, it will show a ‘Ready to install’ screen. It may also display a ‘What needs your attention’ window, explaining any reason why Windows 10 can’t be installed and what you can do about it.
- Click Install and your PC will reboot. You’ll see a Windows logo, followed by a language selection menu. The process should work automatically.
- Finally, Windows 10 will boot, ask you a few questions, and then ask you to sign in with your Microsoft ID.
It is necessary to mention that even if you successfully upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10, it may not run smoothly, since the PC running Windows XP will be an older machine, having been running quite a number of years already.